Monday, 18 April 2011

words

I'm feeling sad this evening. 

In fact, I'm not even sure that it is sadness.  I'm not even sure if its a feeling at all; rather: a lack of feeling, an emptiness, a vacancy of moroseness. 

I have nothing to do - no friends to meet, no games to play, nothing entirely.  I have no motivation to work, either.  I just want to get to night-time and sleep away into tomorrow morning.

Maybe I could just do with a cigarette.

Maybe all I need is an evening with Barthes.
"I never recognized her except in fragments".

(http://www.flickr.com/photos/37892495@N08/4649749874/)

The other day I was in my garden.  I plucked a few posies that had come up early.  The colours were vibrant and vivid.  I arranged a handful of purple, orange and yellow into a small decanter filled with water and placed it on my sill.  That was a few days ago.  Now the flowers are bent over and sad.  They are either dead or dying.  The vivid colours have sunk.  The petals have turned inward, collapsing.

I haven't a photo for you today.  I'm sorry for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment